- 1 lb penne pasta, save 2-3 ladles of the pasta water
- 1 ½ lb chicken breast
- ½ lb broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup and 1/3 cup The Flavored Olive Basil Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup light cream
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced, you can start with less and add more
- 1-1 ½ cups grated parmigiano reggiano
- 2T Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bunch basil leaves, chopped
Marinate chicken breast with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and ¼ cup Basil Extra Vigrin Olive Oil for at least 3o minutes. Grill the chicken until cooked all the way through.
Zest the 2 lemons and put the zest to the side with the chopped basil. Juice the 2 lemons to use in the sauce.
Boil pasta in salted water until cooked al dente. While the pasta is cooking start the sauce in a separate pot. Add 1/3 cup Basil Extra Virgin Olive Oil, the juice from the lemons, once this comes to a boil add the light cream stir until hot but not boiling, then add parmigiano reggiano, stir until melted. Add 2-3 laddles of water from the pasta. Turn heat off of sauce. In the last 2-3 minutes of cooking pasta add in the broccoli. Drain the pasta and broccoli.
In a serving bowl add pasta, broccoli, sliced chicken breast, half the sauce, lemon zest and basil. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with the rest of the sauce.