Easy and delicious! Let the grilling season begin!
- 2 or 3 romaine hearts (One heart should feed 2 people)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil per heart (Italian Herb Infused Olive Oil is preferred)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prep the romaine hearts-pull off any old leaves and cut an 1 or 2 inches off the top.
- Cut the heart in half and leaving the root end intact so that the lettuce head stays together.
- Light your grill and turn temperature to HIGH.
- Brush the outside and inside of the lettuce with Italian Herb Infused Olive Oil
- Add salt and pepper
- Grill the romaine hearts until lightly browned on all sides, turning every two minutes until done
- Serve immediately. You can either serve the hearts whole, or chop them and toss them for a salad
Tip: If you want extra crispy lettuce, take a few piece off the heart and lay them on the grill, turning every minute until golden brown.